Is Interceptive Orthodontics right for my child?
While not all children will require Interceptive Orthodontics, you should look for these signs as your child’s jaw and teeth continue to develop:
- Baby teeth that either come in too early or are delayed in coming out
- Substandard oral habits such as sucking their thumbs, breathing through their mouth, biting their cheek and nails, and thrusting their tongue
- Disportional teeth and jaw to their face
- Biting and/or chewing difficulties
- Pacifier usage over 2 ½ years old.
- Chronic allergies
- Airway and/or breathing complications
Are there benefits of Interceptive Orthodontics?
- It can help to identify and provide early treatment for overbites, crowding, spacing, and TMJ
- Reduces and/or prevents future orthodontic treatment
- Improve quality of health by correcting dental issues early
- Faster results and less office appointments
- Improve the patient’s self-esteem by creating a symmetrical smile
- Helps teeth to find proper align without requiring uncomfortable metal brackets and wires or other appliances
- Costs 1/2 to 1/3 less than traditional braces
- Can help children enrolled in speech therapy
- Reduces injuries during activities and sports
Talk with your Smile On Dentistry- Centreville dentist at your child’s next appointment to see if they would benefit from Interceptive Orthodontic treatment. Call us at (703) 543-8112.