What You Can Expect During Your Night Guard Fitting
- Your dentist will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth to ensure the correct fit
- Your impression is used as a mold to create the night guard. It is made from durable plastic material.
- Once the mouth guard is complete, your dentist will make sure that it fits your mouth properly.
- Wear your night guard each night while you sleep.
What Are The Benefits of Using a Night Guard
- They help to prevent pain from migraine headaches
- They help reduce damage from grinding teeth while sleeping
- They help to prevent tension headaches
- They help to prevent jaw disorders by relieving pressure
- They help to prevent TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
To learn more about the benefits from a custom-made night guard or to schedule your consultation, call Smile On Dentistry – Centreville today at (703) 543-8112.